As a Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) member you will be be part of the largest Asian pacific American civil rights organization. Since 1929, the JACL has been dedicated to fighting for equality for all and honoring aspects of Japanese culture. The Diablo Valley Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) draws most of its membership from Central and East Contra Costa County. To join our chapter, please complete our membership application.
Becoming a member of the JACL will make many benefits available to you. These include:
- Pacific Citizen: The biweekly newspaper of the JACL, providing the most up-to-date information on issues pertaining to the Japanese American community.
- JACL Credit Union: Membership in the JACL's national credit union.
California Bank and Trust Visa Card - Eligibility to receive a California Bank and Trust issued credit card.
- Scholarships: College bound high school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students are eligible to participate in the scholarship program that distributes over $70,000 each year.
- Mike Masaoka Fellowships: Eligibility to receive a Mike Masaoka Fellowship.
- A Magazine: JACL members receive the Asian American magazine for $15/year versus $25.
- Blue Shield Health Insurance Program* (for Californians only): Two comprehensive medical insurance programs through Blue Shield of California: Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or health Maintenance Organization (HMO). Also included are dental and vision care.
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance*: Helps to pay those expenses that Medicare doesn't cover.
- Long Term Care Insurance*: For prolonged illness or extended coverage in case of a serious illness or accident.
- Rental Car Discount: You receive a card entitling you to a 15% discount on Hertz car rentals.
- Adventures' Club: Reduced prices on ticket admission and more at Knott's Berry Farm.
*Membership does not guarantee acceptance to the above insurance programs. The insurers have developed their own acceptance criteria.
Please contact JACL National Headquarters for more information:
Phone number: (415) 921-5225
or visit their website: jacl.org
To join our chapter, please complete our membership application.